Renee Hornor has called Lake Norman home for thirteen years and serves as both a buyer’s and seller’s agent at Mooresville Realty. Because she’s an excellent listener, she connects well to people and is able to make real-estate transactions virtually stress-free. “I’m a detail-oriented person by nature, so I always get back to my clients quickly and with the information they need to make good, informed decisions. The result is that people find a home that fits their lifestyle and budget perfectly.”
Favorite Local Grocery Store: We love Whole Foods because of its commitment to selling food without artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors; its steak selection is second to none. And now it offers local delivery!
Favorite Coffee Shop: I like to stop by the Starbucks in Birkdale and then do a little shopping. For meeting clients and friends, I prefer Waterbean. The coffee is amazing and there are lots of tables (and even a private meeting room).
Favorite Restaurant: Our family loves EEZ Fusion Sushi because of its fresh sushi and amazing, savory Asian-fusion entrees. It offers a stir-fry bar that allows you to choose noodles or rice, a protein, a flavor, and a vegetable. I love the fried rice with chicken, sesame garlic ginger sauce, and vegetables.
Birkdale Village Community Tour
Q & A WITH RENEE
Relationship to Birkdale: Our family made Birkdale our home for over nine years, and I still have many friends and clients who live in the neighborhood.
What do you like most about living in Birkdale?
• Proximity to I-77 (only 25 minutes from Uptown!)
• In the heart of Lake Norman
• Proximity to Birkdale Village with its stores, restaurants, and movie theatre
• Mix of families, young professionals, and others
• 18-hole Arnold Palmer designed public golf course
• Mature landscaping
• Neighborhood amenities and various social events that welcome children, adults, and dogs! (Many restaurants and businesses have water bowls ready for your four-legged family members.) My favorite is Mingling on the Greens, a concert series that runs all summer long—Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings. Bring your lawn chair and enjoy the mild North Carolina summer with your friends and neighbors.
Tell Us About Birkdale Village
Birkdale Village was originally developed by Crosland, Inc. The larger footprint of Birkdale includes The Greens at Birkdale Village (single family and townhomes), Birkdale (larger brick homes on golf course side), Birkdale Grove (smaller homes on golf course side), and Birkdale Village (shops and apartments). The name Birkdale is synonymous with quality, comfortable living, and high-end amenities.
Birkdale truly has something for everyone: resident’s club, swimming pool, children’s splash pool, two children’s playgrounds, tennis courts, basketball court, beach volleyball court, and a strong social activities program for adults and children.
• Average home price $300K – $600K on Golf Course Side
• Apartment living above Birkdale Village Shops
• County: Mecklenburg
Restaurants and Shopping
Things to Do
There is plenty to do in and around Birkdale: Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics, Ramsey Creek Park, Robbins Park, Jetton Park, Lake Norman, Regal Birkdale Cinema, Sur La Table Cooking Classes, Lake Norman Miniature Golf, Discovery Place Kids, Carolina Raptor Center, Primal Brewery, The Range at Lake Norman, Latta Plantation … to name a few!
- Public Schools: Elementary: Grand Oak Elementary, Middle: Bailey Middle School, High: Hough High School
- Charter: Lake Norman Charter
- Private: SouthLake Christian Academy, Grace Covenant Academy, Lake Norman Christian School.
For more information about Lake Norman school, Click Here
For a blog on how to choose a school, visit here.